AusNet Services is committed to ensuring that our valued customers enjoy a safe and reliable electricity supply, however unexpected events can result in power supply quality incidents, like voltage variation and supply interuptions.
Claims for Supply Interruptions While every effort is made to maintain a constant supply of electricity, outages both planned and unplanned are unavoidable . We will use our best endeavours to restore supply as soon as possible, allowing for reasonable priorities. As we cannot guarantee uninterrupted supply of electricity, supply outages is not an event that would usually attract compensation. We will always conduct an investigation of a claim and depending on the results, we may decide to offer compensation.Claims for Unauthorised Voltage Variation
Any compensation you may be entitled to is paid in accordance with Electricity Industry Guideline No 11, Voltage Variation Compensation (available here). The Guideline was developed to offer compensation on the basis of good customer service and sets out the following principles and guidelines:
- Compensation will only be paid for damage directly resulting from a voltage variation event;
- Compensation will be paid for repairs (where viable) or the cost of replacement equipment of a similar age and condition; whichever is the lesser amount;
- Compensation does not extend to cover consequential loss (e.g. profits, food not related to refrigerator damage);
- We do not replace on a 'NEW for OLD' basis;
- Business customers must take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of damage or loss.