Please Note: Help content is dynamic so the information you see on the help page will differ depending on what screen you were on when you clicked HELP.
Before you start:
You must be the Primary Account Holder (or have access to that information), as registered with your Electricity Retailer in order to register for a myHomeEnergy account.
You'll need your electricity bill on hand so that you can copy your meter information from it.
How do I create a myHomeEnergy account?
- Select Individual or Business. - If you are registering as an Individual the first and last name you provided to your energy retailer. - If you are registering as a Business enter the business name provided to your energy retailer.
- Enter your NMI (National Meter Identifier). This is a 10 or 11 digit number usually on page two of your electricity bill.
- Enter your electricity Meter Number. This is a seven digit number located on your electricity meter and also on page two of your electricity bill.
- Enter your Email ID, the email address you want associated with your myHomeEnergy account.
- Enter your Phone Number (numeric without spaces), the number you provided to your energy retailer. This can be a mobile or landline number.
- Enter your Password - your password must be 8 - 16 characters and must contain at least one lowercase, one uppercase, one numeric and one special character. The only accepted special characters are ! - _ : ' * $ @ . , / \ £ Click on the eye icon if you want to see the password.
- Re-enter the password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click the Register button.
Already Registered with Us?
If you already have a myHomeEnergy account click on the Already Registered with Us? link to return to the Customer Login page.
Why can't I create a myHomeEnergy account?
myHomeEnergy is only available to eligible residential and small business customers within the AusNet Services network. In order to be eligible.
- You must be the Primary Account Holder, as registered with your Electricity Retailer in order to register for a myHomeEnergy account
- Your digital meter, also known as a “smart meter” must be within an AusNet Services area and have no more than two consumption channels and one solar channel
- Your smart meter needs to be a Remotely Read Interval Meter (RRIM) – these meters record electricity usage by the half-hour and transmit this information back to us four times a day
- Your smart meter data must be current - myHomeEnergy retains up to 24 months of data
Visit FAQs for more information.
Why am I getting a message saying my details are incorrect?
In order to register for myHomeEnergy we use the details you provide to authenticate you against the information your energy retailer has provided us.
This means the details you enter need to EXACTLY match the details you have given your energy retailer – this may be different to what is on your bill.
Firstly check you have entered your information correctly (e.g. no spelling mistakes or typo’s) and if you are still receiving this message contact your retailer to confirm the EXACT name and phone number you provided to them.
HINTS: below are some common errors when filling in the Customer Registration
- Name – whose name is the energy bill registered in? You may be using your name but it may be in your partner’s name. This may be different to what is on your bill
- Surname - have you changed your surname? If you have updated your surname but didn’t let your retailer know then AusNet Services won’t have this information
- Middle initial – do you have a middle initial? You may need to add this in, or don’t add it
- Phone number – what number are you typing in? You may have given your retailer your landline or mobile phone number